DIY Backpack Tag
Ready for adventure!
This personalized tag helps your kiddo's bag stand out from the rest—avoiding confusion and delay!
? Colored felt in red, blue, black, gray, and white
? Hot glue gun
? White card stock
? Fastener dots?
1. Cut two pieces of blue felt at 3 x 4.5 inches.
2. Cut 1/2-inch slit in the top middle of each felt piece.
3. In one piece of the blue felt, fold in half longways and cut a 2-inch slit about an inch down from the top edge. Cut two 3-inch slits down each side to create a flap.?
4. Make Thomas face out of colored felt. Attach to the lower portion of the blue felt piece that doesn't have the slit.?
5. Write information on white card stock and glue onto the back of the Thomas-decorated rectangle.?
6. Glue front blue felt to back blue felt along all four sides.
7. Add fastener dots to the flap and to the name tag.
8. Thread shoelace through the small slits.
Amanda Kingloff is the author of Project Kid and Project Kid: Crafts That Go! She posts fresh craft ideas weekly at Project Kid and regularly contributes to national magazines.?
Crafts with small parts are not for use by children under three.