DIY Train Shelf
All you need are a few wooden trays and some basic supplies!
Make this stunning-but-easy decoration that doubles as a way to neatly organize your kid's favorite trains!
- 1 large utensil tray?
- 2 medium trays?
- 4 small trays?
- Blue rubber bands?
- 2 spools?
- 5 embroidery hoops?
- Blue paint?
- Fishing line?
- Yellow duct tape?
- Velcro ?
- Hot glue?
- Step one: Wrap three rubber bands around each hoop to create train wheels.?
- Step two: Paint the edges of the large utensil tray.?
- Step three: Glue the sides of two small trays together; repeat with other pair, as well as the two medium trays.?
- Step four: Connect all the pairs with glue and attach spools to make the train funnel.?
- Step five: Loops fishing line through the wheels and then attach them to the bottoms of the two trays by taping the line to the backsides.?
- Step six: Cut ribbon strips and add velcro, adhering them to the side of the utensil tray.?
- Step seven: Place the utensil tray horizontally on the left and the glued pairs to the right. Adding tracks to the far-left vertical slots with the ribbon and add trains onto the shelves.?
Amanda Kingloff is the author of Project Kid and Project Kid: Crafts That Go! She posts fresh craft ideas weekly at?Project Kid?and regularly contributes to national magazines.?This craft is not for use by children under three years of age.