Thomas & Friends DIY Mountain Tunnel
All you'll need is some cardboard, paper, and basic supplies
In collaboration with Project Kid
Add some adventure to your track with this easy DIY tunnel!
- Glue stick?
- Hot glue gun?
- White paper
- Patterned paper
- Silver washi tape
- Train track
- Cut two 7" triangles out of the cardboard.?
- Draw a tunnel big enough for your train to fit through and cut out the opening. Repeat with the remaining triangle.?
- Cut out two 7" x 3" rectangles from the cardboard.?
- Trace the triangles from steps one and two onto the patterned paper, cut out, and glue the patterns to the triangles.?
- Hot glue the rectangle pieces to one triangle and then attach the second triangle to the rectangles.?
- Trace and cut out snowy peaks from the white paper and then use the glue stick to attach them.?
- Use tape to line the tunnel opening for a finishing touch.?
Amanda Kingloff is the author of Project Kid and Project Kid: Crafts That Go! She posts fresh craft ideas weekly at?Project Kid?and regularly contributes to national magazines.?This craft is not for use by children under three years of age.